The health and safety of our guests is our top priority. While the overall risk in Australia of contracting COVID-19 in the community remains relatively low, we’re taking a number of steps to enhance your protection while you stay with us.
We have implemented increased measures to minimise the risk of transmission at our resort including;
- Regular cleaning of hard surfaces throughout the resort.
- Increased disinfection of all surfaces in cabins.
- Reducing opportunities for transmission between guests and staff.
COVID-19 is spread through close contact with an infected person. “Close contact” involves either face-to-face contact or spending more than 15 minutes within 2 metres of an infected person. Close contact does not include someone you passed on the street or in a shop. The risk of contact in that instance is very low.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) is commonly spread via;
- directly, through contact with an infected person’s body fluids (for example, droplets from coughing or sneezing).
- indirectly, through contact with surfaces that an infected person has coughed or sneezed on and which are, therefore, contaminated with the virus. The virus may only survive a few hours if someone who has it coughs or sneezes on a surface.
Good hygiene can prevent infection. Please practice good hand hygiene and good respiratory etiquette to reduce the risk of transmission, such as;
- Wash your hands properly and often, especially before eating.
- Don’t hug or shake hands with people.
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose or eyes.
- Cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing, but do not use your hand.
- Seek medical attention immediately if you exhibit symptoms.
- Maintain at least 1 metre distance between yourself and anyone who is symptomatic, such as coughing, sneezing or who presents with a fever.
Those that have returned from a country or region that is at higher risk for COVID-19 need to follow necessary steps. Information can be found at https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert
If you fall ill with flu like symptoms while staying with us, please telephone reception on 07 4948 5400 and seek medical assistance. Our local Hospital can be contacted on 0748 139 400. If you have any concerns during your stay, please do not hesitate to contact reception.