COVID-19 Code Of Conduct
For the safety of our valued guests, our team and to comply with current COVID-19 restrictions, please rest assured that BIG4 Adventure Whitsunday Resort is staying updated with hygiene practices directed by Queensland Health. For more information regarding these requirements please feel free to visit the Government website here. In-line with these official guidelines, guests at BIG4 Adventure Whitsunday Resort must abide by the following:
- Please do not visit BIG4 Adventure Whitsunday Resort if you or any other member of your booking have not had a fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or other cold/flu-like symptoms in the last 72 hours prior to arrival and are otherwise well.
- To the best of your knowledge you and the members of your party have not been in close contact with a person who has a reported or suspected case of COVID-19 in the 14 days leading up to your arrival.
- We have not been in a COVID-19 hotspot (as defined by the Chief health Officer) in the 14 days leading up to your arrival.
- If you or a member of your booking becomes unwell whilst staying at BIG4 Adventure Whitsunday Resort please call the National Corona Virus helpline 1800 020 080 (this line operates 24 hours a day 7 days per week) in addition please let Resort Management know. If you or any members of your booking become unwell in the two weeks following your departure, you must advise BIG4 Adventure Whitsunday Resort immediately.
- Hand sanitizer and alcohol wipes are provided at several stations around the Resort for your use.
- You are responsible for maintaining good cleaning and good disinfection practices in your cabin or site during your stay.
- We encourage all guests and staff to download and activate the COVIDSafe app.
- All guests travelling in your booking will be required to be listed on our registration form at check in.
- A mandatory registration form must be signed at checking in.
- Social distancing requirements apply, including guests and staff remaining 1.5m apart from each other and no more than 1 person per 4 square metres. In order to achieve this, please:
- Ensure you stand on the marked areas on the Reception and Shop floor. If there are no available areas, please wait outside.
- Ensure only one person, per booking, enters the Reception or Shop area
- Contact our friendly Frogettes by phone on 07 4948 5400 to reduce visits to our Reception or Shop. We are more than happy to arrange contactless delivery of Shop items to your door, between 8am and 3pm.
- Groups and/or gatherings of more than 20 people aren’t permitted within the resort, this includes the pool and waterslide area, playground/jumping pillows, BBQ’s, camp kitchen and amenities.
- Please ensure you stand behind the designated line at Reception when communicating with our team.
- For the time being, we are preferring to remain ‘cashless’. Please arrange payment via credit card or BPAY, prior to your stay. Items purchased during your stay will be added to your account and charged to your credit card on file on your departure.
- No visitors – please do not invite or entertain visitors who are not registered in your booking into the park.
- Children must be supervised at all times in the park, to ensure adherence to social distancing.
- Guests must abide by safe practice and hygiene rules, including frequent handwashing with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds, before and after entering communal facilities and/or before and after any contact with surfaces that are used by more than one person.
- Guests must abide by safe respiratory hygiene, including avoiding touching your face and ensuring you cover your mouth and nose when you cough and/or sneeze with either a tissue that you dispose of immediately after use or your bent elbow and then washing your hands.
- Please refrain from shaking hands or touching anyone, outside of your booking party.
- Notification of any restricted facilities will be advised 72 hours prior to your arrival.
- Your enjoyment and the safety of all our guests, staff and the wider community is our top priority. To this effect, our already vigilant team have been trained in COVID-19 best practice hygiene and cleaning procedures.
- We ask you to please follow any instructions given by our team and continue to abide by existing State and Federal COVID-19 restrictions for the wellbeing of all.
- If you have any concerns or enquiries, please don’t hesitate to contact The Frogettes on 07 4948 5400.
PLEASE NOTE: Guests have the same duty of care as the employees of BIG4 Adventure Whitsunday Resort, this is everyone’s responsibility.