Halloween Costumes, Decorations and Food Ideas
Halloween is a spooktacular time of year to have some fun with kids costumes and spooky Halloween decorations at home. Here at BIG4 Adventure Whitsunday Resort we will be hosting the 10th annual Come Camp and sCare event on the night of 31st October, Halloween itself! It’s a great opportunity to come and join us for some good old-fashioned family fun, and get dressed up to join in the spooky Halloween theme
We’ve created a new Pinterest board full of Halloween themed ideas just for you. It’s full of decorations, food ideas, and costumes for kids and adults. Here are some of our favourites:
DIY glow in the dark spooky eyes
These are so simple to make, all you need is old toliet rolls, glow sticks and a pair of scissors/stanley knife. Definitely need the help of the grown-ups for the cutting, but maybe the kids can draw the eyes.
All you need is:
– Old toilet or paper towel rolls
– Glow sticks
– Scissors / stanley knife
– string & sticky tape
How to make these spook glow in the dark eyes:
Draw an eye design on the side of the roll. Using scissors or a stanley knife to cut the eye shapes out. Activate a glow stick and sticky tape it to the back inside wall of the toilet roll. Hang with string, or just place them in the trees/garden to freak everybody out!
Creepy hand ice cube for a punchbowl
This giant ice cube is really easy to make, and is guaranteed to have people looking twice at the punchbowl.
All you need to do is:
– Fill a rubber glove with water, tie in a knot, and freeze. If you can place the fingers in a way that looks slightly natural but kind of broken, even better.
– Peel or cut away the rubber glove
– Plonk the giant frozen hand ice cube into the drink
– Sit back and watch!
Easy DIY kids ghost costume you can make at home
Quick and easy to make, all this little ghost costume needs is an old white sheet, or piece of fabric. Measure the height of the person, and then double it if you are buying fabric. (Works as an adults costume too!)
How to make a DIY ghost costume:
– Fold the fabric or sheet in half, and cut strips from the bottom open end up to about knee height
– From the top folded half, cut a round neck hole
– Place the piece over the head of the wearer, and get them to stand with their arms out like the picture
– Taking two of the outermost strips, cut them further, right up to wrist height and then tie them together to secure around the wrists
– Add a white beanie and some spooky face paint and voila! You have a very quick and easy to make ghost costume
Want more ideas for Halloween?
View the whole Halloween Decorations and Costumes Pinterest Board here.
Follow BIG4 Adventure Whitsunday Resort on Pinterest here.