Wednesday 20th October was a big night for BIG4, one of Australia’s most loved franchises and brands, as BIG4 Holiday Parks wrapped up their three-day national conference by celebrating with the annual BIG4 virtual Awards.
Out of the 12 awards which BIG4 Adventure Whitsunday Resort was eligible for, the team came home with eight (or two-thirds!) of the gongs. The online ceremony was once again hosted by popular Australian actor, director, writer, and comedian, Shane Jacobson, at the holiday park industry event of the year, which recognises and celebrates the various achievements of the BIG4 group, comprising of over 180 Caravan/Holiday Parks and Resorts nationwide.
Owner and operator of BIG4 Adventure Whitsunday Resort, Greg McKinnon, said, “We are very grateful to be recognised each year at the BIG4 National Awards, but this year we were totally overwhelmed by what we had achieved. It was just absolutely unbelievable, especially winning the most prestigious and recognised Des & Margaret Watts BIG4 Supreme Award for Excellence, not only in our Premier Holiday Park category, but also as the overall national winner.”
BIG4 Adventure Whitsunday Resort was recognised in the following categories at the National BIG4 Awards:
• Des & Margaret Watts BIG4 Supreme Award for Excellence – Premier Holiday Park Winner & Overall National Winner
• Alan & Gloria Rowett BIG4 Loyalty Club Highest Sales Award – Premier Holiday Park Winner & Overall National Winner
• Peoples’ Choice Award – Premier Holiday Park Winner
• Peoples’ Choice Award Most Improved – Premier Holiday Park Winner
• BIG4.com.au Engagement Award – Premier Holiday Park Winner
• BIG4 Member Bookings Highest Weighted Sales – Premier Holiday Park Winner
• BIG4 Park Staff Member of the Year Award – Finalist Andrea Mearns
• Parks with a ReviewPro Global Review Index Score over 90%
The Des and Margaret Watts BIG4 Supreme Award for Excellence is the most esteemed honour within the BIG4 network. Named after and sponsored by two prominent BIG4 co-founders and life members, the award is presented annually at the BIG4 National Conference. It recognises one BIG4 park each year that has excelled in four key areas, therefore being rated the best of the best in Customer Service, Facilities, Tourist Promotion and Accommodation. The award also accounts for the resort’s public ratings and other relevant feedback, use of BIG4 branding, participation in BIG4 marketing programs, online sales, BIG4 membership sales, and their contribution to the BIG4 community.